常裕文档网    > 范文大全 > 公文范文 >

【翻译复习题(总)】

时间:2022-01-18 16:42:19  浏览次数:

翻译复习题第一套

1.A petrol-engine has the advantage that it is light in weight and can easily be controlled.

答案:汽油发动机的优点是重量轻、操纵简便。

2.I’ll never forget the day when I entered the university.

答案:我永远忘不了进大学的那一天。

3.We don’t believe in the pessimistic estimation that at the present rate of use, the known oil deposit in the world would be used up in from 10 to15 years.

答案:我们不相信这一悲观的估计,即按照目前的使用速度,世界上已探明的石油储量将会在10到15年内消耗殆尽。

4.The delegation of the two governments expressed confidence that the talks would prove constructive and fruitful.

答案:两国政府的代表团都相信,会谈将会是建设性的和富有成果的。

5.如果我是他,我就会尽最大的努力按时完成任务。

答案:If I were he, I would try my best to accomplish the task on time.

6.我不记得在哪见过他。

I can’t remember where I have seen him.

7.这所大学提供了他所期望的一切。

The university has offered everything he expected.

8.我们一得到结论就通知你。

第二项:将下面的段落翻译成汉语(30分)。

提示:下面的一篇文章是中英高层联合大会开幕式上英方首席代表的讲话。请将本篇讲话翻译成汉语。

It is a real pleasure to be here to open the third meeting of our forum and to be welcoming such a distinguished and influential group of people from both our countries, many of whom are now old friends. The forum aims to represent the strength of the relationship between our two countries outside the political relationship and looking round today it is clear that the relationship is very strong indeed.

参考译文:

我很高兴地宣布我们论坛的第三次会议正式开幕,并在这里欢迎来自我们两国高层的、具有影响力的代表们。我们中的很多人都已经是老朋友了。论坛是为了体现我们两国之间的力量-在政治关系之外的力量。环视今日会场,显然,我们的关系非常坚固。

第三项:将下列的短落翻译成英语(30分)。

语言虽然能被转变成诸如书写文字等其他媒介,但主要还是口头上的。如果不能利用口头交流手段,则可使用视觉手段(如手势语)。语言的一个显著特点是语言符号与语言意义之间的关系是任意的。语言可以用来讨论各种广泛的话题,这一特点使语言能够区别于动物之间的交流。

参考答案:

Language is primarily spoken, although it can be transferred to other media, such as writing. If the spoken means of communication is unavailable, as may be the case among the deaf, visual means such as sign language can be used.

A prominent characteristic of language is that the relation between a linguistic sign and its meaning is arbitrary. Language can be used to discuss a wide range of topics, a characteristic that distinguishes it from animal communication.

翻译复习题第二套

第一项英汉句子互译(8道小题,每道题5分,共计40分)。

1.We ought to discuss carefully the vital question whether we can do it or not.

我们应该认真讨论一下这个重大问题,就是我们是否能做这项工作。

2.It is estimated that there are several thousand language and dialects spoken in the world today.

目前世界上使用的语言和方言估计有千种之多。

3.She is the only girl I know who can play the piano.

她是我所认识的唯一能弹钢琴的女孩。

4、Transistors, which are small in size, can make previously large and bulky radio light and small.

体积小的晶体管使得先前那种大而笨的收音机变得轻而小。

5.因为天气太糟,我们未能成行。

Bad weather caused us to cancel our trip.

6.你们应该充分利用每一个机会说英语。

We should make use of every opportunity to speak English.

7.如果我是他,我就会尽最大的努力按时完成任务。

If I were he, I would try my best to accomplish the task on time.

8.我不记得在哪见过他。

I can’t remember where I have seen him.

第二项:篇章翻译,英译汉。

Homelessness—What can Be Done?

At one time there was a romantic vision of homeless wanderers who lived carefree lives and answered to no one. Home might be a park bench or an empty boxcar on a train heading to some unknown place. They were easy to ignore-people felt they chose the life they wanted. But today homeless people are not easy to ignore. They are everywhere-in large and small cities, all over the world. According to the United Nations, there are over 100 million homeless people worldwide. Where are they living? In places like abandoned buildings, shelters, bus and train stations, subways, and city streets. Large cities such as New York, London, and Bombay can barely cope with the large numbers of people living on the streets.

有一段时间人们对无家可归的流浪者们的想象是很浪漫的,即他们过着无忧无虑的生活,不用向任何人负责。家对他们可能意味着公园里的一条长凳,或者一列开往不知何方的火车上的一节空车厢。人们很容易忽略他们的存在—人们觉得他们选择了自己想过的生活。

第三项汉译英:将下列段落翻译成英语。

会议通知

研究生教育研讨会将于2009年8月25-27日在中国北京的北京理工大学举行。8月25日星期四晚开始注册和报到。8月26日星期五的活动主要包括主题发言、论文交流及晚宴。8月27日星期六的全天活动都将是论文交流,当天晚上结束会议。大连理工大学研究生院将主办这次具有特殊意义的会议,并盼望与会者到北京理工大学参加此次会议。

Conference notice

A Graduate Education Workshop is to be held at Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing, China on Aug. 25-27, 2009. Registration and reception will begin on the evening of Thursday, August 25th . Friday, August 26th will feature a keynote speech, paper sessions, and an evening banquet. All of Saturday, August 27th will consists of more paper sessions, with a closing workshop in the evening. The Graduate School of BIT IS hosting this unique workshop and looks forward to welcoming participants to Beijing Institute of Technology.

第三套

第一项英汉句子互译(8道小题,每道题5分,共计40分)。

1.He wished to write an article that will attract public attention to the matter.

他想写文章,以便引起公众对此事的注意。

2.Bacteria had never been seen before the microscope was invented.

在显微镜发明以前,人们从来没有看到过细菌。

3.We hold that no country should interfere in the internal affairs of other countries.

我们认为一国不应干涉他国的内政。

4.The question is when and where the English evening is held.

问题是英语晚会在何时何地举行。

5.这所大学提供了他所期望的一切。

The university has offered everything he expected.

6.我们一得到结论就通知你。

Once we draw the conclusion, we will inform you.

7.你们应该充分利用每一个机会说英语。

We should make use of every opportunity to speak English.

8.事实上,水污染的危害远不止这点。

In fact, the harm of water pollution is far more than this.

第二项:篇章翻译。英译汉(30分)。

How safe is your home?

Falls are the number one cause of accidental deaths in the home every year and the main reason for accidental deaths of the elderly. They are mostly due to slippery surfaces or loose rugs. Fires, often caused by cigarette smoking, are more dangerous for the smoke and poisonous gases they create than for the actual flames. Electrical hazards, responsible for many home fires, are frequently caused by overloaded wires and fixtures. Burns happen most often to children and the elderly, usually in the bathroom, when the water is too hot. The leading cause of accidental deaths at home for people between the ages of 14 and 44 is poisoning, often the result of the misuse of medicines.

参考译文:

您的家有多安全?

摔伤是每年造成家庭意外死亡的头号杀手而且是造成老年人意外死亡的主要原因。摔伤主要是由于地面太滑或地毯铺的不平而造成的。火灾通常是由抽烟引起的,着火产生的烟雾和毒气比火焰的危险性更大。与电有关的灾祸是造成多起家庭火灾的原因。大多是由于电线和设备负荷过重引起的。儿童和老年人通常因为浴室里水温太高而被烫伤。14岁到44岁之间的人在家里意外死亡的首要原因是中毒,一般是服药不当造成的。

第三项将下列的汉语翻译成英语。(30分)

国际金融危机是一场全球性的挑战,战胜这场危机要靠信心、合作和责任。坚定信心是战胜危机的力量源泉。信念的力量,远比想象的更为强大。国际社会和各国当务之急,是继续采取一切必要的措施,尽快恢复市场信心。在经济困难面前,各国对世界经济发展的前景有信心,国家领导人和各国人民对自己的国家有信心,企业对投资有信心,个人对消费有信心,这比什么都重要。务实合作是战胜危机的有效途径。The global financial crisis is a challenge for the whole world. Confidence, cooperation and responsibility are key to overcoming the crisis. Confidence is the source of strength. The power of confidence is far greater than what can be imagined. The pressing task for the international community and individual countries is to take further measures to restore market confidence as soon as possible. In times of economic hardships, confidence of all countries in the prospect of global economic development, confidence of leaders and people around the world in their countries, confidence of enterprises in investment and confidence of individuals in consumption are more important than anything else. In tackling the crisis, practical cooperation is the effective way.

第四套

1、Now no one doubts that the earth is round.

现在不会有人怀疑地球是圆的了。

2、The sun heats the earth, which makes it possible for plants to grow.

太阳供给地球热能,这使植物生长有了可能。

3、As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad to serve others by any inventions of our own.

既然我们享受着别人的发明给我们带来的巨大益处,我们也应该乐于自己的发明去为别人服务。

4、But brief replies do not mean Americans are impolite or unfriendly to some extent.但是,简短的回答并不意味着美国人某种程度上不礼貌或不友好。

5、本世纪上半叶的上海曾经是中国工业、贸易、金融和商业的中心,有着远东大都会浪漫而传奇的历史,吸引过不少资本,因而一度成为“冒险家的乐园”。

In the first half of this century Shanghai served as the industrial, trade, financial and commercial centre of the country. It attracted many foreign investors as a mysterious oriental city and an adventure’s paradise.

6、这个问题不像我最初想象的那么复杂。

This issue is not as complicated as I imagined at first.

7、如果你那时没有及时离开,我无法想象会发生什么情况。

If you hadn’t left in time then, I couldn’t imagine what would have happened.

8、他们发现在下午6点前不可能完成这项工作。

They found it impossible to finish the job before 6 pm.

第二项段落翻译

How to Reduce Stress and Be Happy on the Job

By Gary Dessler

QUESTION:

Have you any quick simple suggestions for how I can reduce the stress I’m under at work? I’m a manager in a large bank, and between company politics, customers who don’t pay back their loans, and my heavy workload, I find myself under what seems to be unrelenting stress and pressure at work. The stress is beginning to affect my work and family life, and any suggestions would be appreciated.

ANSWER:

Suggestions range from “get more sleep” to “use meditation.” But in a recent book, stress and the manager, Dr. Karl Albrecht suggests the following to reduce stress on the job:

l Build rewarding, pleasant, cooperative relationships with as many of your colleagues and employees as you can.

2 Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Take on only those assignments that you know you h ave time for.

3 Build an especially effective and supportive relationship with your boss. Understand his or her problems and help the boss understand yours.

参考答案:如何减轻压力,保持心情愉快

问题:您与什么既简单又见效快的建议来减轻我在工作中遇到的压力吗?我是某家大银行的一名经理。处在公司的各项政策、不还贷款的客户和我自己繁重的工作量之间,我发现自己在工作中承受的压力似乎是无法减轻的。这种压力开始影响到我的工作以及我的家庭生活,您的任何建议我都会十分感激。

回答:(类似的)建议有很多,从“多睡觉”一直“沉思冥想”。但是在最近的一部新书《压力与经理》中,Karl albrecht博士对于减轻工作压力有如下建议:

l 尽可能与更多的同事和员工建立有益愉快的合作关系。

2 不要贪多嚼不烂。只承担那些你知道你有时间做的工作。和你的上司建立一种效率特别高而又相互支持的关系。理解他/她的问题所在,也帮助她他理解你的问题所在。

3 在重要项目上与你的上司进行协商,制定出切实可行的最后期限。准备好自己提出最后期限,而不是让上司强加给你。

第五套

第五套翻译复习题

第一项英汉句子互译(8道小题,每道题5分,共计40分)。

1、The experiment resulted in the conclusion that everything in the world is in motion.

试验得出了这样的结论:世上一切事物都在运动。

2、Scientists are developing antibodies that may be useful in killing cancer cells.

科学家们正在研制能够杀死癌细胞的抗体。

3、My father, who had been on a visit to America, arrived in London yesterday.

我父亲访问美国以后,昨天到达伦敦。

4、He insisted on buying another car, which he had no use for.

他坚持要再买一辆车,尽管他并无此需要。

5、她的工作是照看这些老人。

Her job is to look after these old people.

6、学生应该在上课之前完成家庭作业。

The students should finish their homework before coming to class.

7、这些老人养成了每天早上锻炼的习惯。

These old people have formed the habit of doing exercises every morning.

8、如果到处都太拥挤,旅行会令人很不愉快。

If it is too crowded everywhere, the trip will become quite unpleasant.

第二项:将下列段落翻译成英语(30分)。

UFOs: Fact or Fiction?

The existence of UFOs (unidentified Flying Objects) is a source of controversy that often divides people into two separate groups: those who believe that UFOs are the spaceships of intelligent beings from other planets, and those who disagree and believe these sightings have some other explanation. Those in the second group say these sightings could be due to the effects of a distant planet, a weather disturbance, or airplane lights, for example. Another possible explanation is that the people who report the sightings could be imagining what they saw or making up stories to get attention.

参考译文:飞碟:是真实的还是虚构的?

你听说过飞碟(不明飞行物)吗?你认为飞碟是来自其他星球的宇宙飞船吗?或者另有解释。

飞碟的存在与否历来是颇有争议的,通常可以把持不同观点的人分为两个阵营:一些人认为飞碟是来自其他星球智慧生物的宇宙飞船,另外一些人不同意这种说法,认为这些目击物的出现另有解释。这第二组认为这些目击物可能是,比如说:受某个遥远的星体的影响,受天气干扰或者是飞机上的灯的影响而形成的。还有一个可能的解释是那些报告看到的这些东西的人也许是在凭空想象,或者是在编造故事以引人注意。第三项将下列段落翻译成段落(30分)。

在经济全球化条件下,大家的命运已经联系在一起,谁也离不开谁。金融危机检验着国际社会加强合作的诚意和水平,考验着我们的智慧。只有加强合作,携手努力,同舟共济,才能有效应对危机。承担责任是战胜危机不可或缺的重要基础。各国政府坚定、勇敢、负责地承担起责任,对于稳定金融秩序、防止危机对实体经济影响加深,十分重要。政治家要有远见卓识,既要对自己的国家和人民负责,也要对国际社会负责。

In a world of economic globalization, countries are tied together in their destinies and can hardly be separated from one another. The financial crisis is a test of the readiness of the international community to enhance cooperation, and a test of our wisdom. Only with closer cooperation and mutual help, can we successfully manage the crisis. To prevail over the crisis, accepting responsibilities is the prerequisite. When governments fulfill their responsibilities with resolution and courage, they can help maintain a stable financial order and prevent the crisis from causing more serious damage on the real economy. Political leaders must be forward-looking. They should be responsible to the entire international community as well as to their own countries and people.

推荐访问:大连理工大学论文翻译 复习题 翻译